A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Monday, 1 September 2014

On the Paint Table, Sort Of

Yes indeed its on the Paint Table time again and this week most of the stuff paint table has been finished or nearly finished in time for Other Partizan next weekend on Sunday 7th September in Kelham Hall, Newark. If you are going please pop over and say hi.


Now as I have said most of this has been finished and it is battlefield clutter or as most people will call it farm yard animals. There are rabbits, donkeys, English Longhorn cattle, shire and clydedale horses, a couple of vans, pigs, chickens and all manner of other stuff too all by WarBases. But also there are actually and couple of things still to be finished or even started.


First up is the Celtic Cross and some baggages and barrels. The cross is by WarBases and is a rather lovely but of kit. I have painted it to feel like some with moss, ivy and other stuff grown or fallen onto it. I have gone for the neglected, overgrown, churchyard look and have made it a bit generic so it can fit into different periods, though I am using this on Sunday for the Anglican League.


Nest up is a half finished milk maid from Wargames Foundry, I think its 18th century civilians range and Mrs PK made me get it. Well I am using her for the farm wife, I know she is a bit old fashion but I rather dont care as I like her. I have gone for a generic customer colour look so, hopefully, she will fit in.



The rest of the table is basically stuff, well animals that I have finished or have nearly finished from English Longhorn cattle, there are a few herds of them in Leicestershire, English Stableback pigs, which were quite common in the 1930s, Doking chickens, Shire horses and vans to be drawn by them. Also there are a Red Deer Stag and Doe and a farmer sitting with his Bloodhound.



Well have a great week as I know I will have as I have some hills to create and a hand cart to paint as well as finishing off the milk maid.

Ta

PK

12 comments:

  1. wow!! I love all that stuff !!
    excellent work on all the animals, which are, in my opinion, not so easy to paint (well!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent menagerie !
    Well done, Pete. It makes me envious when I think of the unpainted copies I have on my lead mountain...

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Sam says, animals are not the easiest things to do well, but there are some lovely examples on your table! How about a tutorial?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work. I particularly like the seated farmer with dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now aren't you glad you listened to the Mrs? That's a beautiful pattern on the milk maid's dress. I love the clutter that's what makes an event table come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent stuff! I really like these farm animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pete these are very nice, I had these on the radar for quite a while, you have just pushed me to place an order.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say your time is spoken for over the next few days...

    Have fun at the Other Partizan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work PK! Have a cracking time at OP and remember to take loads of photos mate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the comments on the animals ... they are indeed very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Stag and the Basset Hound look fantastic. Hmmm, sounds like the name of a Pub.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...