Monday, 10 November 2014

Boney Was a Warrior

It feels like ages since I last posted but it was not that long ago really so I have a nice for you. Now I am not a big fan of Napoleonics, something about having tons of troops and cavalry has always put me off it to wargame but I actually do love the period and especially the Sharpe novels and series of films. Anyway I thought it would be nice to change that and being in a bit of a quite period, no games or shows to organise, I have been painting a bit of this and a bit of that in the last week and it is the first of them, Napoleon himself.


Now this is one of those figures from Wargames Illustrated's Moments in War which I got at Partizan the other year for Mrs PK, she has a bit of liking for the old Frenchman and I thought that I would be it up for her.


Now I have gone for that tradition Napoleon look of Imperial Green uniform with the grey overcoat that he is famous for wearing. Now I am not that great on the uniforms, but with a little help of the various books that I have on the Napoleonic Wars I think I have got his uniform right.


Now as for his footman, Mameluk Ali dit Saint Denis, I have got the uniform a bit wrong as he should have a green shirt with a bright red jacket and dark red trousers with his turban being green with gold stars but by the time I had found out it was too late as I had already painted him and to tell the truth I like the way I had painted him.


I have actually enjoyed painting them and I think it is a rather nice little vignette. It is nicely sculpted and fully of character but I dont know who sculpted them. So until next time when there will be some new stuff have a good time.

PK

35 comments:

  1. A little gem of a scene. Here's my favourite part of your brushwork on these figs - you resisted the temptation to do all of NB's boot in black, and instead picked out the sole of the foot resting on the drum in tan. I would never have thought of that. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks there Michael I thought if you can see the sole of the shoe you should paint it

      Delete
  2. Very nice Boney, I did not see the servant ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Andrew and I think he is the one with the bottle of wine but I could be wrong :0

      Delete
  3. A wonderful distraction and a nice job too, well done Pete,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work PK, every gamer should own a Napoleon figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate and I think you are right every gamer should have a Napoleon

      Delete
  5. Painted in your wonderful style, PK. This is a very nice vignette with a cool background for the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and I have been taking a leaf out of your book on the background

      Delete
  6. I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

    American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

    This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

    BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

    www.boycottamericanwomen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I see Google's translate function has failed. Let me help out:

      "I am a fat, ugly, stupid, sexist, racist, no-hoper. All the American women I know won't go out with me, particularly after I got done for hitting that one girl for laughing at the minusucule size of my willy.

      As American women have boycotted me, I can't get a girlfriend let alone a wife. Even the local hookers won't let me go with them.

      My parents really want to have grandchildren, so have given me a few thousand bucks to buy a wife from overseas. They're willing to live with the fact that the kids won't be pure white.

      American women have boycotted me!"

      There you go. Glad to have helped out with the translation. :)

      Delete
    2. This bloke seems to spam a couple of blogs during these days...

      Good riposte, Tamsin. :-)

      Delete
    3. I was going to delete this but Tamsin reply is so good and true I am going to leave it

      Delete
  7. Cracking stuff PK - lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now for a comment on Pete's post. Lovely work on this vignette Pete. I like the Mamluk that way - I'm sure he didn't wear the same colours all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Tamsin and I too am sure he had other clothes, well I hope so

      Delete
  9. Very well done, Pete. A lovely vignette and a good paintjob.
    Reminds me of the Wargames Foundry set slumbering in my lead mountain... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Monty and I know the Wargames Foundry figure set and you should paint it up as it is a lovely figure.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks there Rodger and I glad you like it

      Delete
  11. Lovely piece there PK now that Napoleon is out of the bag his armies will have follow. Bit the bullet and jump into Napoleonics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks there Robert and I keep toying with the idea of getting into Nappies but the idea of painting all those button scares me. But I am thinking of using Donnybrook as the basic of Napoleonic force as I need only about 60 figures and I could play Sharpe

    ReplyDelete
  13. These minis pack a lot of character ... nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...