A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Viking Warriors for Saga/Valhalla

Now that the Anglo Danes/Saxons have been done, for a while at least I have turned to my second Warband the Vikings. Well you cannot have just the one Saga army can you and beside if I need to fight another who has not played either game before it does give me I force for them to play with. So here is my first unit of Vikings and it is a unit of warriors.


Now this unit is from various figures that Gripping Beast do in they Viking range and frankly I have been watching too much Vikings on the History Channel. Now these figures are mainly metal figures, with three being plastics, not that you could tell which where which. I wanted this unit of warriors to be more like raiders than actual armoured clad warriors and I think as a unit of raiders they work well.


The bearer-chested warrior was one of the specials that Gripping Beast did in 2013 and to tell the truth I am not totally sure if he is a Viking or just a generic Dark Age warrior, but I actually like him and wanted him in my group.


I have actually enjoyed painting them chaps and have sort of limited myself to a small palette of colours to try and bring them together, which I think I have done but have kept them still rather individual too. I think I will be adding another unit of warriors at a later date, but they will be more you traditional armour clad warriors from the plastic Viking boxset but these I think fit the bill as I wanted them to be.


You all have a very nice day.

PK

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...