A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 10 January 2016

Sloppy Jalopy's Miners WIP, Part 3

I have to admit that the work on these miners is painfully slow, mainly due to the fact that I am knackered when I get home from work and all I want to do is veg out, which is a pity as I want these fellas painted.


As you can see I have now finished well also finished, the metal work needs to be done, the lewis gunner and loader, which means that the command pack for the miners is finished, almost, and I can start work on the other chaps and the Colliery Flag.


As with the other figures in the command pack these chaps are lovely posed and have great character. I have aimed still for the muted tones and colours adding some blacks and browns this time. I have gone for the working class look still with these, no fanciness with these chaps, though the suits and the fellas themselves are rather clean, most of washed before fighting.


I am enjoying painting these chaps and each one is different and a little gem which is helping to build up the character for the unit. The mutes palette is working and the hint of bright colour is stopping them from being dull. More to come soon.

Have a nice day.

PK

8 comments:

  1. It might be slow work, but it is worth it, these are looking great Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel confident that I shall be painting these as well I the future. But at least I will have yours to look at and get inspiration from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking Job Pete.
    Looking forward to seeing them in action.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  4. The figures are good enough in their own right, but you've sertainly given them real character. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job, PK. They have bags of character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done mate. Your ploughing your way through these admirably!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...