Thursday, 14 January 2016

Sloppy's Miners, WIP, Part 4

This is just a quick update on the progress of the miners by Sloppy Jalopy that I am slowly working on.


I have finished another two of the miners leaving just four to go and I am still loving painting these figures as they have bags of character and a real pleasure to paint. I am still keeping with the muted tones but this time I thought I would add a little variation in the mix by giving one of them pin strips trousers.


I have to admit that painting the pin strips, the first time I have done it in a very long time, with a right pain, but these sculpts have lovely flat areas which helped to make it easier and I think that it has come out rather nicely. I was thinking of painting his tank top in a fair isle pattern but I thought that would be a little too much but I might come back to it later.


The other chap I have painted I have gone for the muted, sober tones of a plain green suit but I have added a bit of colour with a red, poker doted, neck scarf. Again this was a dream to paint and very nicely sculpted.


Thats all for this time, so have a nice day.

PK

9 comments:

  1. These are cracking. I STRONGLY suspect they will be finished before I even start mine. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that these are some of your best work to date Pete, really great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent modeling, PK the Master of Painted Stripping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some excellent brush work there! Really like the guy with the pin strips trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job. Pin stripes are great dude well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know you can create short urls with LinkShrink and earn cash for every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...